11 September 2008

August Lady Sweater

And so my mum's February Lady Sweater is finished. It only took me two months but I managed to finish it for a birthday. Unfortunately, not mum's but dad's instead! But mum seems happy enough with it at least and I'm proud of myself for actually finishing something bigger than socks and more complicated than a stocking stitch jumper. Not that it was difficult. Knitting is was a lot of fun, and came along pretty quickly, considering how much time I actually spent on it. I love the lace pattern and the yarn was really comfy to knit with and the ply stands out really well, making the garter stitch sections more interesting and the lace really works with the yarn. I have some left over so I'm going to knit myself a hat, I think. I made the sleeves full length as mum prefers long sleeves. It's not been blocked yet but when it gets washed, I will pull out a little extra length on the body.


February Lady Sweater by Pamela Wynne
  • 10 balls + 9g of Debbie Bliss Pure Cotton in colourway 10 (lilac) from John Lewis Summer sale (mainly)
  • 5mm Knit Picks Options needles
  • 6mm Knit  Picks Options needles
  • 3 buttons from John Lewis Cheadle (possibly coconut shell)
Started: 17 July 2008
Completed: 10 September 2008
Size made: small

I followed the instructions pretty much to the letter and my only problem was making sure the sleeve stitches met at the underarm.  I think I did ok.  The sleeves seem a little baggy and maybe a little long but hopefully they will be fine.  I possibly could have used a different cast off as, even using the larger needles, it seems a little tight, especially along the body.  For more photos, see my project entry.  I am in love with the buttons, as they were cheap and I think they look perfect.  Just the kind of thing I was looking for.  And in my search for buttons, I have been informed of lots of other good places to look!

0 comments: