16 September 2008

Muffiney Goodness

I think I have finally found a muffin recipe I am actually happy with! After years of looking for one that didn't just taste like mini cake, I seem to have got a good one which adapts well to different ingredients.

Muffin Recipe
Ingredients:
  • 100g margarine
  • 225g sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 150ml creme fraiche
  • 5 tbsp milk
  • 275g plain flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 4-6oz chocolate chips/dried fruit/frozen blueberries/etc
  1. Preheat oven at gas mark 5 (190 degrees C/375 degrees F)
  2. Line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper cases
  3. Cream margarine and sugar
  4. Beat in eggs, creme fraiche and milk
  5. Add flour and baking soda and mix until blended
  6. Stir in additional ingredients
  7. Half to three quarter fill the muffin cases
  8. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a needle comes out clean.
You can also substitute 75g of the flour for cocoa powder for chocolate muffins or add some orange juice in place of the milk for orange muffins or do nearly anything to these as it's such a basic, easy recipe.

1 comments:

Mrs. H (aka MrsAych) said...

I was just thinking of looking up some muffin recipes. Now I don't need to. Thanks! LOL