12 October 2008

Time For Some Real Domesticity

Wow...I'm back to my old habits of living forever between posts. Its not really been because I've been busy either; I've just not had a lot to say. I shall mention the last few weeks, although there's just not a lot to report. My friend's wedding was lovely (she probably managed to pick the nicest day weather-wise in September) and it was nice to catch up with some friends and get pretty tipsy on wine and champagne! I spent a lot of time chasing up stuff for my job as my pre-employment checks weren't complete by my original start date. That's all sorted now and I start full time tomorrow with my induction training (oh, the joy). So I've spent the last couple of weeks not really doing much. I've knitted a bit and am getting reasonably through the first of my Bacchus socks. I've also completed an urchin hat, although it seems a little big and I'm really not used to wearing that style of hat. I like it though and it's used up some yarn I've had lying around for ages. It was a super quick knit and made me feel a bit better about my stinking cold.

But I've saved the big news until last. Andy and I had an offer accepted on our first house! Finally, a chance of real domestic bliss! Ha! At least I can try and until we have the keys, I can plan my perfect little rooms and think about all the baking that will have to wait!

PS I am dead

PPS The most important news of all; I bought a new coat!

3 comments:

erqsome said...

Well done! Dude, that's amazing! I'm really happy for you. When do you get the keys?

Alice said...

Wow! Good luck with it all

Shine said...

congratulations!