30 December 2008

In sickness and health...

Sorry about all the test posts. I've been playing around with different ways to update my blog, such as email and iGoogle so that I might be able to blog from work and when I'm away.

Not that I should be going anywhere apart from my bed. After having a stinking cold that kept me off work for 2 days before Christmas, I thought I'd be fine but on Boxing Day, I started loosing my voice. Then I started getting even worse stabbing, horrible pain in my jaw and teeth.

Although I'm getting my voice back, I still seem to be full of absolutely disgusting coloured snot and the pain in my teeth was so bad, I woke at 3.30am and the co-codamol has stopped working. So I phoned the dentist and got an emergency appointment. Not with my dentist though as he has gone AWOL. I've even dragged myself into work the last couple of days. But had to leave at lunch today to get to the dentist.

And it turns out that as well as needing a temporary filling for the crap back tooth that I've been ignoring for months, my sore throat (probably throat infection) has caused BOTH my lower wisdom teeth to get infected. The dentist was surprised, as both at the same time is rare, but she was sympathetic and gave me some antibiotics, so no seeing in the new year in style for me.

So now I'm coughing my guts up, praying I my infection isn't going to my chest and wondering why the hell I'm still planning on going to my grandmother's tomorrow. It's mainly because I haven't seen her since the wedding last year but I also want to see how much people like their scarves too. My other knitted Christmas gifts have gone done well as Andy loves the gloves (although they need a wash), mum liked her cuffs and Niki really liked her scarf so that made me happy.

I should probably talk about my stash and library enhancements and what's on the needles right now but I can barely type this and I should be trying to pack, although it'd be better if I leave it for the morning so that I might actually remember to pack what I need!

2 comments:

Katie said...

I feel your pain on the being ill. I have had a cough for 2 weeks now, starting to get a little boring, Off to the doctors on Monday...

HeyYeah said...

Poor you! There is nothing worse than being ill over Christmas. I hope you feel better soon & that you have a lovely New Year.