07 May 2009

Moving On

Well, I was going to post a very miserable post over the weekend but decided better of it. I'm sorry I've been so hopelessly unable to post anything of much interest here recently. I don't really want to talk about the house, as it tends to go from bad to worse every time we touch anything. And I was having a bit of a knitting block in a way but I seem to have cured that.

So, what have I been doing?! Well, work has been both boring and exciting as we've just moved labs. I'm getting back to doing actual work now so I'm feeling a little better about the move.

Knitting wise, I currently have 3 things on the go. My clover leaf cardigan isn't doing too bad as I have the back and right front done and I'm part way through the second side. My Socktopus socks have stagnated as I'm about half way through the second one and I'm just not feeling the pattern at the moment so I'm having a little break and knitting a grumpasaurus. I'm one the tail at the moment. I also knitted a very slouchy beret hat out of the left over Debbie Bliss Pure Cotton from my mum's February Lady Sweater which knitted up super quick and is now wishing the cold weather would come back!

Baking wise, I was reasonably busy at the weekend, making oatmeal cookies and earl grey cupcakes with lemon buttercream. I meant to get a German marble cake made too but just didn't have the time. Nor did I have the time to plant stuff like I wanted (especially as the weather was a bit pants on Monday).

Anyway...I should hopefully have the chance to post some photos again soon...meanwhile, I should get back to doing some work!

1 comments:

erqsome said...

Earl Gray cupcakes? Sound delish! Post the recipe!